Are you struggling to lose belly fat and have a slimmer midsection? You might want to consider consuming apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar has several health benefits like lowering blood sugar levels and is also a favorite for people trying to cut down weight.
When used in the right way, it can help you get a slimmer abdomen in addition to making you healthier.
In this article, we explore how you can use apple cider vinegar to lose belly fat.
What Is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Just like the name suggests, apple cider vinegar is made through the fermentation of apples. The first step usually involves crushing apples and combining them with yeast.
This process converts the sugars contained in apples into alcohol. Then bacteria are added to the alcohol to make acetic acid.
Apple cider, therefore, contains acids and water; and has a strong sour taste.
How Apple Cider Vinegar Helps To Lose Belly Fat
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar is what makes this solution effective for losing weight. Apple cider vinegar facilitates belly fat loss in the following ways;
1) Low-calorie drink
One of the major factors that make apple cider vinegar effective in weight and fat loss is its few calories. One tablespoon of this solution contains three calories making.
When trying to cut belly fat, you need to reduce the number of calories you consume. Therefore, the consumption of apple cider vinegar is totally fine.
2) Lowers blood sugar levels
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar helps lower blood sugar levels, which is important for weight loss.
High blood sugar levels can cause weight gain and lower the rate at which fat is burned. When these levels are high, the pancreas releases more insulin to move the sugar back into the cells.
This poses a problem to weight loss because the body only burns fats when the insulin levels are low.
You, therefore, want to ensure that the blood sugar levels are low to lose weight and burn fats in your body.
This is where apple cider vinegar helps. It lowers the blood sugar so that your body can burn more fats and soon have a slimmer midsection.
3) Improves metabolism
Studies reveal that the acetic acid contained in apple cider vinegar helps to accelerate metabolism. It causes the production of enzymes that boost fat burning.
When you have a high metabolism, your body can burn more fats than when the metabolism is low.
4) Apple cider vinegar reduces fat storage
The acetic acid in this solution helps reduce the accumulation of fats in the body and is essential in preventing diabetes.
Studies reveal that acetic acid increases the expression of genes that reduce the storage of fats around the belly and the liver.
Therefore, daily consumption of apple cider vinegar is recommended to facilitate weight loss.
5) Burns fats
Besides reducing fat storage around your belly and liver, apple cider vinegar also helps to burn fats.
Consuming small portions of apple cider vinegar will therefore help you get rid of the stubborn belly fat.
6) Suppresses appetite
A great way to lose belly fat is by consuming less food than normal, and apple cider vinegar can help you achieve this.
Acetic acid is great for suppressing centers in the brain that control appetite. If you can reduce your food intake, then you can burn fats around your belly.
Besides the benefits listed above, apple cider vinegar also helps lower blood pressure, kill harmful bacteria and viruses, and manage PCOS symptoms.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Lose Belly Fat
Like with any belly fat loss method, you must use apple cider vinegar in the right way. Otherwise, it might not be effective or can cause some health problems.
Here are a few pointers on how you should use it to lose belly fat;
- Never consume apple cider vinegar as it is. You need to dilute it with water so that you do not consume a lot of acids.
- The recommended amount of apple cider vinegar to consume per day is 1-2 tablespoons. Too much consumption of this solution can cause certain health problems like erosion of teeth enamel and burning your throat.
- Consuming a lot of apple cider vinegar can also cause nausea. If you are just getting started, you can mix just 5ml with water and see if you can tolerate it.
- It is best to consume apple cider vinegar just before meals.
- Experts advise that it is best to drink apple cider vinegar the first thing in the morning with some warm water. This helps to accelerate the fat-burning process. It is believed that apple cider vinegar also acts as a detoxifying agent. Consuming it in the morning will help flush out the toxins from your body, making you feel fresh. It also helps to solve digestion issues.
- It is also wise to consult with your doctor about consuming apple cider vinegar for weight loss if you are on any medications or have underlying health problems.
- Besides adding it to water, you can use apple cider vinegar with olive oil as a salad dressing. Mix a small portion with olive oil and spread it over your salad. You can also use it to pickle your vegetables and as a marinade.
- Apple cider vinegar alone will not help you lose stubborn belly fat. You have to maintain a healthy diet and become active. Consuming proteins, vegetables, and adequate amounts of water will accelerate the rate at which you cut fats around your belly.
You can find apple cider vinegar in most stores that sell groceries or online stores. Here are our best recommendations;
- Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- Raw-unfiltered Organic Apple Cider
- Fairchild's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother
- Kevala Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Dynamic Health Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- Lucy's Family Owned - USDA Organic NonGMO Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
There you have it. This article has answered almost all the questions you might have about using apple cider vinegar to lose belly fat.
As mentioned above, consuming apple cider vinegar in the recommended amount. Also, remember to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle. Consume foods that promote weight loss and increase your activity levels.